wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have been recommended to have an 40/50 mm aneurysm on my

Customer Question

I have been recommended to have an 40/50 mm aneurysm on my left iliac artery treated by embolization. The aneurysm is at the junction of the artery which feeds the blood to the buttock. Could you please advise what after effects may occur. I have been forewarned that I will probably suffer from claudication of the left buttock but that this may subside after a while. What I like to know is whether of not there are any other long-term side effects in terms of pain or effect on physical movement.
I 80, have had a aortic artery replacement (as a result of excellent surveyance by the local medical team) and a moderate stroke from which I have fortunately fully recovered which arose. I am otherwise reasonably fit but rather overweight (I tend to put it on, possibly because I am having hormone therapy for the prostate).
I have been taking flecainide acetate, warfarin, ramipril and simvastatin for about five years and this a regime which seems to work well for me.
I shall be most grateful for any comments.
Yours very sincerely,
Paul Ryan
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

If I were in your shoes I would follow your doctor advice and have this aneurysm on your left iliac artery treated by embolization. If it ruptures you could bleed out and die.

Easy choice: Some discomfort and some surgical risks or chance of bleeding out.....go with the treatment.

make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS