Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

At first I thought I had an abscess on my left hand side of

Customer Question

at first I thought I had an abscess on my left hand side of my groin attached to the labia minoras I did go to the doctor and she confirmed it's not an abscess it's a Biot---something cyst I have not herd of this word before but I cannot remember the name can you help me in medical terms what it could be called she did show me on her computer I have got antibiotics for it. I would like more information.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 months ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I think you have a bartholin's cyst.

If a Bartholin duct gets blocked, fluid builds up in the gland. The blocked gland is called a Bartholin gland cyst

hopefully the antibiotics will help

you can also use a warm towel or compress on the area

make sure you take probiotics when you take your antibiotics to help prevent diarrhea from your antibiotics.

make sure you take your antibiotics with food in your stomach so you don't upset your stomach

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com