Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have low progesterone 20.5 and I am enquiring how I can

Customer Question

Hi Dr,
I have low progesterone 20.5 and I am enquiring how I can obtain progesterone suppositories? Can you please help?
Sinead
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 8 months ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

what is your estrogen levels?

are you having regularly monthly periods?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Dr my levels are 20.5 I have periods every month although now the same time. My last period was 24th October. Can you please advise how I can get a prescription for progesterone supportries? Thanks

for women in the middle of their menstrual cycle, normal progesterone levels are 5 to 20 ng/mL

your level of 20.5 is not low

why do you think your level is low?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Dr David,
My dr said today that my bloods results came back borderline 20.5. I've had 4 previous miscarriage. My last miscarriage was this time last year and I have been trying since. I don't want to experience any negative outcomes again this us why I would rather prevent anything from that happening again. If blood results came back 20.5 on day 23 and the report said borderline can I not have some form of medication that will help my levels to rise as well as preparing a healthy womb? Thanks

your level of 20.5 is not low

why do you think your level is low?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Dr, can you please advise how I can obtain a prescription for Progesterone suppositories??

you have to see your GP doctor to get a prescription for progesterone.

your levels may not be low.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok dr I will see them next week.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com