Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I have been taking the cereals contraceptive pill for over a

Customer Question

Hi I have been taking the cereals contraceptive pill for over a year now had constant on off bleeding for a month or 2 at the start but then had nothing since I stopped taking the pill 2 weeks ago to try to induce my period and re start my menstrual cycle but nothing has happened as of yet. I have had un protected sex twice and worried I may be pregnant when can I take a test to check? As my last period was over 6 months ago is it even possible to get pregnant without having a regular period
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

what is the "cereals contraceptive pill?"

did you have unprotected sex after you stopped taking the pill?

usually you can take a home urine pregnancy test when you miss your next period or 3-4 weeks after your unprotected sex

you can see your doctor and get blood testing for bHCG sooner than 3-4 weeks to know if you are pregnant or not.