How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 56989
Experience:  GP in the United States
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

I am a male aged 70. I have recently had a blood test. My

Customer Question

I am a male aged 70. I have recently had a blood test. My count was 12.7. I understand the normal count for a male is 13.1 .. Is this a result to be seriously worried about?
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 12 months ago.

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 12 months ago.

do you mean your blood count?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 12 months ago.

Yes, you should investigate why you are anemic

Your iron levels should be checked

that would be the most common cause. Iron deficiency anemia

that would be my first step

it is probably not a big deal but it should be looked into a bit

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for this question
Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)
If you have more questions, just reply.