Shantal-Mod
Shantal-Mod,
73554018

I need a couple of implants - both in lower jaw, molars.

Customer Question

I need a couple of implants - both in lower jaw, molars. They are not next to each other, but on opposite sides of the mouth.
I have had one implant previously, perhaps 5 or 6 years ago. It was done in the 'conventional' way when the implant was given time to bond with the bone before fitting the crown.
I wanted to know thoughts on one day implants - are they a good idea? Many dentists seem to be against this practice but of course there are clinics that offer this. From a patient's perspective there is a lot of appeal in being able to get this sorted in a short time-frame rather than the usual 5/6 appointments over 4-5 months or whatever the 'standard' period is. Some guidance on conventional vs one day would be very much appreciated.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 days ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 days ago.

I strongly advise you against going with these one-day implants.

They are a very bad idea.

They tend to have a lot of problems in the long term.

Would you buy a house that was built in one day? Of course not. Quality takes time.

Same deal....

Make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Dr RickI was expecting:1) A response from a dentist rather than a doctor (as promised in the advertisement I responded to)
2) An evidence-based answer. Can you please point me to the evidence that one-day implants have problems in the long-term?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 days ago.

I will opt out so that a DDS can assist you.

I wish you the very best

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I am still waiting for a reply??
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 6 days ago.
I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The green strip at the bottom of this trail says that the previous doctor 'has referred you to a new Doctor.' And it says that an answer can be expected typically within 24 hours. How is it that you are having to find an appropriate person to answer the question when a google search brings up a listing from you stating that dentists are available to answer 'now'? Do you have dentists in within your expert pool, yes or no?