Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

My sent is killing me with pain when I wee and walk

Customer Question

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I mean my ureteric stent is very sore
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 11 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

The first concern when there is significant pain around a ureteric stent that is worse with urination and walking would be an infection. It is also possible that there could be an obstruction of the stent.

Since you say that the pain is killing you, that would indicate a severe level of pain, so it would be better for you to be seen quickly, either at a hospital or an Urgent Care center or Walk-In Clinic.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks they were going to take out a cluster of kidney stones my urinary passage was s to tight so they fitted a stent on Tuesday midmorning blood in urine for two day approx pain when sitting up and peeing ps on warfarin

It is possible that a kidney stone is obstructing the stent. They will typically insert a stent that is large enough to allow passage of the stones that are seen, but it is possible that the stones could not be completely seen and are larger than they appeared. However, we still would be concerned first about a possible infection.