wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

If you use mild, non-irritable soap to wash your anus, can

If you use mild, non-irritable soap to wash your anus, can the soap be absorbed into the rectum if the muscles surrounding and inside the anal canal contract, thereby pulling the hemmorhoids and external anal sphincters inwards? Or put differently, as I'm afraid I'm not exact with the above anatomical description -- if I put soap on the anus to wash after a No.2, is it completely safe for the health of the anus and the rectum?
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 10 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 10 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

No. And, even if it were, there would be no harm done.

You are completely safe to wash your anus with soap as much as you want.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience: Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City