Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I cannot stop shaking My temp is normal my nose is

Customer Question

i cannot stop shaking My temp is normal my nose is dripping.In 2006 I was diagnosed with Parkinsons --no shakes---only balnces
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 11 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am Dr Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Parkinsonism is diagnosed when three symptoms are present - shaking, rigidity and slowness in movement. The symptoms generally come on slowly over time. Since the condition affects the motor system of the brain, shaking is bound to ensue at some point in time. I would suggest that you seek an appointment with your Neurologist for this so that you can be started on medication for the condition after a thorough work up.

If this shaking is not due to parkinsonism, it should essentially stop when you move around or start doing something, shaking with parkinson's only comes when one is sitting idle and disappears with voluntary movement and sleep.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.