Dr. Kala
Dr. Kala, Doctor
Experience:  Caring US educated & trained physician, 26 yr experience: primary care, OBGYN & women's health care.
18657704

I need your advice. 2 days ago I started taking primolut-nor

Customer Question

Hello, I need your advice.
2 days ago I started taking primolut-nor to delay my period coz I was on a vacation. I had unprotected sex and I can't get access to an after pill and not sure if its something that will clash with the pill I took to delay the period. Can you advice me please on what to do
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 7 months ago.

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

you can take the morning after pill

is this what you wanted to know?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Dr phil if you read properly. I don't have access to the morning after pill as it is illegal in the country I'm in
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I am privileged to help you get more understanding about your current concern. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or Skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

A few questions first to clarify your concern:
1. What was the first day of your last menstrual period(LMP)?

2. How many days have you taken primolut? What strength dose?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello Dr. Karla,I forgot the last day of my menstrual period but I believe it was around this time last month.
I took Primolut 10mg for 4 days starting last Friday.
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for you response.

At this point, since your last period was around this time, and you do not know the exact date it is hard to estimate whether your current period is delayed or not. I recommend you have a blood pregnancy test when you believe your period has been late by more than a week and you have not had sex for 3 days. This will give you the best chance of having a test result that is correct. If you want to use a urine test then you would have to wait until you have not had ex for ten days in addition.

Let me know if you have any further questions regarding this question as my goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied with your answer.