Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I have been on 225 mg of quetiapine for about year and an

Customer Question

i have been on 225 mg of quetiapine for about year and an half now. I have lately been concerned that my condition maybe worsening as in the past I have suffered with some paranoia lately I have been receiving threats from people I know and I am convinced that people may be watching me. I am struggling to know if I am truly in danger or is the anxiety acting up. There is no mental health services in my area now so I have no one to contact. Speaking to my doctor it isn't not something they know much about and could not give me any advice call the Samaritans. It's been like this on and off for about a week or 2 now. I have up my quetiapine to 400mg witch at lase the panic attacks a bit but I still wake up with sheer panic shaking and not should of things other medication I am on 225 milligrams of sertraline 600 milligrams of pregabalin. Ex-military fully aware of Rules of Engagement but where I can turn to must consider self-defence cobblers originally diagnosed with mental health Serv problems in 2012. I don't want to keep calling the doctors just in case it is just in my head. Sorry about rambling on the actual question I would like you to answer is what is the highest dose I'm able to take as I've looked on several websites home and Abroad and they all seem to Bury from 300 per day to 800 per day
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 6 days ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 6 days ago.

At this point if you can't get help from your doctors you should go to Emergency and see if you an be admitted into the hospital for evaluation and management of your medication.

You can not mess with your meds on your own.
Does this make sense to you?

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
What is the maximum dose of quetiapine
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 5 days ago.

Dear customer,

The dosage depends on the disorder which it is intended to treat. However for most disorders a maximum dosage of 800 mg/day may be prescribed. But the increase or alteration in dosage should only done in consultation with a doctor and you should not increase the dosage yourself. Please call your doctor since this is important and your symptoms are also important and significant and deserve evaluation by a doctor.

Take care.

It is a privilege answering your question.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating of 5 stars, because this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for our time and work.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

May you be happy, successful, and healthy.