Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I've just taken 2 200mg ibuprofen for a headache and I'm

Customer Question

I've just taken 2 200mg ibuprofen for a headache and I'm going to be drinking in an hour or so - will there be any nasty adverse side effects fro me this one off event??
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 7 months ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

Both can cause inflammation of the stomach (gastritis), so with chronic ingestion of alcohol and ibuprofen intake, there is possibility of stomach ulcer and bleeding. However the possibility of this happening is less when taking both of them just one time. So, it is unlikely that you will have any nasty adverse effects; but do consider reducing the quantity of alcohol (moderate consumption) in view of this possibility.

Take care.

We can continue with this chat till you are satisfied and reach a solution to your problem.

Please reply if you have any additional questions, or if you did not understand any part of my answer. Did I answer your question?

Dear customer,

Did I miss any part of your question, or was your question satisfactorily answered?