Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS.MD
1725470

Friday, I had a shower with tea tree oil and accidently

Customer Question

Friday , I had a shower with tea tree oil and accidently inhaled it , and have been feeling really unwell and weird since , I tried having a allergy tablet and it hasn't helped
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 3 months ago.

Tea tree is a good remedy for conditions in the skin. It can also , if properly diluted, be used as mouth wash.

Inhaling the oil can cause some symptoms like drowsiness, confusion,, weakness, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach upset etc . But you will need to inhale the oil in quite large quantities to get these symptoms

Since you have none of these symptoms since friday, it is unlikely that you will have any dangerous symptoms now. Possibly what you have now are mild side effects from the oil which will go away in time.

Have adequate fluid, a glass of cold milk and balanced diet.

Please do not worry, you will be fine.

I hope this helped.
Let me know if you need more information. If not, please click on a positive rating to leave feedback.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i do feel drowzy and confused though