Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have a strange feeling in my rectal area sort of like

Customer Question

I have a strange feeling in my rectal area sort of like having something pressed up against it or the feeling u get when your underwear gets caught up there. Started 5 days ago and after I had a strained bowel movement. Was worried it was a rectal prolapse but nothing is sticking out. There's no pain or blood although have been feeling a bit bloated recently don't know whether it's connected
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Sometimes the anal sphincter gets spasm mostly due to passage of hard stool which can give the symptoms you have described. As far as there is no blood, or something coming out tehre is nothing much to worry about. Take sits bath in warm water and if this does not improve in a week time then do get it examined by a doctor to rule out hemorrhoids.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.