Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I went for ultra sound scan because I was experiencing heavy

I went for ultra sound scan because I was experiencing heavy periods and bleeding between periods....back pain and pain under my ribs on the right side .....which is also painful when touched from the back....The nurse said I had fibroids and to just leave them...ok...so two days later my Doctor rang me to say He had booked me in for a ct scan in 8 days Time as a very very small speck was found on my kidney? Told me not to worry it's probably a kidney stone? So why the urgency? I waited 2 months for a brain scan last year ? Seems expensive way to check for kidney stone? Am I worried ...yes....Many Thanks Rose
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Any speck which is not normally present on any body organ needs to be thoroughly evaluated to rule out anything concerning like any growth over there. In case it is stone there is no urgency but in case it is any growth it needs to be urgently evaluated so that it can be removed or treated as soon as possible to avoid complications.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.