Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I may have ibs or gas. But as I haven't seen a doctor or

Customer Question

Hello. I may have ibs or gas. But as I haven't seen a doctor or thought I could do with some help tonight as the pain has kept me up all night I have had these syptoms before but they usually go with paracetamol and ibs tablets, but not today. It's been 10 hours and the pain has not subsided. The main pain is between my navel and breast bone. It is swollen an sore to touch. But doesn't really seem gassy. It's like a intense burning and cramps feel. Severe cramps come and go. The sensitivity carries over to my right of my stomach. It's sensitive when I breath heavy. It almost feels like I have a golf ball in my stomach. I'm also getting a burning aching sensation in my spine and back area. I've had similar symptoms of and on for about 6 months. And about 10 times in total.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Little update. The ibs painful feeling has warn off but has left me feeling very sick with no appetite.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 7 months ago.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can continue waiting. But I understand if the question can not be answered if this is the case, let me know. Thankyou.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  The Physician replied 7 months ago.

Hello Nicola, welcome to JA

I am an Emergency Physician and would be your expert today.

Just one quick question so I can get a complete picture.

Did you vomit or feel nauseous?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi I'm feeling much better today. I did vomit yesterday and felt sick all day. Buy feeling back to my normal self today. Thanks.

Great, It is good to note you are doing well, please indicate to the moderators, if you still want our services

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No its fine thanks

Thanks for making it JA