Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My hair has been falling out on and off and it has thinned

Customer Question

My hair has been falling out on and off and it has thinned to half of what it was. My scalp became very dry and has been itching around the back of my neck, head and sides. Please advise.
Gina
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.

The symptoms you have described are that of fungal infection of the scalp which is most likely cause of hair fall in your case. I would recommend you to use ketoconazole ( antifungal) shampoo mixed with your regular shampoo twice a week. Massage scalp with twice a week. One month course of multivitamins can help.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.