The Physician
The Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Versatile emergency Physician, 20 years experience as a Physician
37289694

I have to periodically self catheterise (when the flow

Customer Question

I have to periodically self catheterise (when the flow starts to decrease). I feel I may have managed to get a urine infection (it does happen from time to time). I don't like to visit the GP (I don't feel comfortable with him). From past experience, I need an antibiotic (Amoxicillin). I have used your service before with total success (I have the original Order Number if needed).
Expert:  The Physician replied 3 months ago.

Hello.

Welcome back to JA.

I agree with you the symptoms you express may be related to UTI from the self catheterization, however, my advice would be that you AVOID to rely prescription written without a physician examination and a urine culture.

This is important because you are having symptoms (pain going as high as under the rib and feeling unwell) that suggest the bacteria may have gone retrograde up t the kidneys.

Therefore to give you the best standard of care that you deserve, I will advice that you start taking a urinary disinfectant like Bicitate or Mist Pot citrate which you can get OTC and try to se a doctor. If you are uncomfortable with your GP you can go to an Emergency room and the Triage nurse will surely get a physician attend to you. Also remember to keep up your water intake

Thanks for making it JA

Hello, I am just checking if you alright. As you know, you need to acknowledge the answer for the system to compensate me for my time and services. All you need to do is click the accept button and then rate my answer. Thanks