Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I had my period on the 25/26th may and... I had my period on

I had my period on the 25/26th may and...
I had my period on the 25/26th may and had unprotected add that weekend also . My husband. Had a vasectomy in February this year and we're waiting for the results of the samples .I have got a little bit of pink / brown tinged mucus / when I wipe not a lot and not after ever pee .
It's been doing since last Wednesday .Is thisa sign of pregnancy ?
Cervical cancer though my smear was ok last January ???
Ovulation ?
Or just old blood from my period?Also could I be pregnant even though we had sex during my period and he's had a vasectomy ?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 13 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 13 days ago.

It is not possible to get pregnant while on your period, specially if your periods continued after the intercourse for a couple of days. That leaves no chance of leaving any sperm in the cervix to later cause conception either.

If you had a PAP smear in January, this is definitely not cervical cancer.

Ovulation does not cause bleeding.

This might be either blood coming out due to trauma during a recent sexual intercourse or blood from the previous period.

You can also perform a urinary pregnancy test at this point in time to further rule out pregnancy.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I've not had sex before this last period and the period before . It's not really blood it's just tinged when I wipe and I know it's not coming from my pee .but when wiping it I poke they tissue up it's pink tinged ? I'm really scared there's something wrong with me ?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
My smear was January 2016? Can we still rule out cervical cancer ?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 13 days ago.

What is your age?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
38
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 13 days ago.

Have you experienced a drastic weight loss?

Irregular periods?

Pain in the lower abdomen?

Decrease or loss of appetite?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Last week when it started I did have mild cramping and was bloated but I was fine over the weekend and had intercourse on Saturday and was fine no pain or bleeding .
Getting anxious now .
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 13 days ago.

Well, then you do not have cervical cancer. Rest assured.

This is not how cervical cancers present. Why don't you think about other causes of spotting and not jump straight to cancer.

More likely possibilities are infections, hormonal imbalances, endometriosis, ovulation failure, cervical polyps, uterine fibroids, excesive exercise etc.

Hope this helps.
Best.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I've never had irregular periodsNot lost my appetite
Have lost weight as I've been health eating for my holiday .Could it be pregnant ? When we had unprotected sex during my period I only bled the day after and it pretty much stopped ?Though it's worrying me that it Could be cc
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Just my health anxiety kicks on and because it's not normal
And unusual :(
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 13 days ago.

You need to stop thinking about Cancer.

Don't let the anxiety get the best of you.

And to rule out pregnancy, do a home pregnancy test.

Relax!

Best.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I spoke with my Nurse and she said to get a clomodia test but that would Mean I got it from my husband which would mean he's slept about ? Plus she said to do a test to see if preg and another smear .... now I'm worried she thinks ther is something wrong
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 13 days ago.

You're just being too anxious here. Why overthink and jump to conclusions before you've actually done any tests.

Its a nurse's and a doctor's job to worry and recommend tests. And also necessary for your peace of mind that you get the tests done.

Best.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I've done a pregnancy test and it's negative . So your 100% sure it's not cancer ?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 13 days ago.

Yes, I am a 100 percent sure.

Best.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
What do you think it's is ?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 13 days ago.

Could be anything from the list of causes that I mentioned in my earlier post and only a detailed examination and investigations will confirm, however, I think this is hormonal imbalance or ovulation failure.

Best.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It's not like
I am spotting like you so before or after a period it's only when I wipe hard you can just notice it and no more and not all the time
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
When will it go away ?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 13 days ago.

Give it another 2 days and get the tests done advised by your nurse.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I am going on holiday in 5 weeks and I do t want to be waiting for tests while away as inwill be so anxious :(Also when I say I'm spotting it's only when I wipe or insert the toilet roll , could that be old blood ?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 13 days ago.

Can very well be old blood. You can wait like I mentioned earlier. It depends on how you feel about it.

Try and relax. Keep yourself busy in other things and not think about this.

I will appreciate it if you could leave a positive rating for the service at this point in time by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi thanks it's a lot less today should I bother with the smear ? Scared it will come back abnormal and I will spend my holiday worrying about it
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Or if anything at all is there
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 12 days ago.

You are most welcome. I think you should give it some more time. It will subside.

Please rate the service so that I may receive credit for my time.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Ok so the wine subsided and I've taken 3 pregnancy tests and been to my gp and my cervix is fine . No need for a smear but now my period should be here by now and it's not ? My husbands first sample came back negative so hers not fertile .... one sample to go . So where is my period. ? My emotions are acting like my period should be here , I have most the symptoms except my period ? Today / Friday is day 28 and my cycles usually on time or early and all this is stressing me out and making me even more paranoid ??? Like I'm going mad. Help please .
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 days ago.

I noticed that you have not rated the previous answer. Please leave a rating for the service or accept my additional services offer, so that we can continue further.

Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Did I just accept the offer. ?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 days ago.

Thank you for accepting the additional services.

Periods can delayed for up to 10 days and that is something normal, stress and anxiety can delay periods. Since, you also had a discharge a few days back, the delay is the period is not something that raises a concern at this point in time.

Let me know if you need more information.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
what is going on ?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 days ago.

Nothing is going on. This is something that can happen and it is perfectly normal to have a delay in the period after going through so much stress and anxiety.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Could I have a hormonal imbalance
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Because my mind feels as thought it's going mad
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 days ago.

Unlikely to draw any conclusions at this point in time and without lab tests.

You have only had a delay in one period. You have anxiety, for sure and you need to get that addressed because that is what is causing all your problems.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I am going to see my gp for additional therapy for my anxiety and I'm starting a private session untill then tomorrow as I can't go on like this ..... my mind is going mad :(
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
What do I do in the mean time
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 days ago.

You should keep yourself occupied and do deep breathing exercises. If you have your spouse with you then ask him to stay with you and keep you distracted.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Yup I am on it already . Will my period come ?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 days ago.

Yes, it will come.