wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

Since I woke up this morning the crown of my head has gone

Customer Question

Hi ***** woke up this morning the crown of my head has gone numb could you please tell me what this could mean?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 3 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 3 months ago.

How long has it now been numb for?

Has this ever happened before?

Anything different about how/where you slept last night?

Does the area look abnormal (have a friend look for you )?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi dr rick
It's been numb for just over 3 hours now,I have experienced this sensation before when I wake up but it goes straight away.
It looks normal.
I'm on a lot of meds:all daily
Quetiapine 600 daily
Valporic acid 500 mg daily
Vitamin b compound
Bisoprol 10 mg
Citalapram 20mg
Omeprozole 40mg
Thiamine 200mg
Lorazepam 10.5 mg
Zopiclone 7.5
Many Thanks hope this helps
Caroline.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 3 months ago.

Carol,

Thank you for that additional information.

The most likely cause of this numbness is pressure on your head while you are sleeping.

It is very unlikely to be due to any sort of vascular issue, nerve problem, etc.

It you were really concerned then you could have your doctor take a look at you during an episode of numbness so she could map out the extent of the affected area. In the end, however, I am afraid that even the most extensive medical workup will be unable to find any underlying cause that can be treated.

The good news?

There is very little chance that this is a sign of anything serious.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS