Medicaldoctor
Medicaldoctor, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/MS
17287913

I've had a on going symptom of bloating and irregular bowl

Customer Question

Hi I've had a long on going symptom of bloating and irregular bowl movements and stools
Expert:  Medicaldoctor replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer.I'm happy to consult you today

bloating and irregular bowel movements can be due to a long list of medical conditions.

could you please answer a few questions.

Have you have any investigations for these symptoms?and since how long are you having these symptoms?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It all started around October last year I had a couple off days were my whole body just suddenly became really hot, could feel the heat of my skin and I sweated a lot!! Then after that stopped over a couple of days I could feel myself slowly getting bloated and after about three days my stomach was very bloated and very tight, it varys day to day on how much Im bloated just feels like I'm pushing my stomach out, I've had irregular bowl movement since, sometimes I don't go during the day, other days could be 3-4 times with little warning, stool is normally soft,and varys in colour, I've had a gastrotopy and was put on anti acid tablets for a month to reduce swelling, I've had an ultrasound to check for gallstones as well but was all clear

Thanks for the reply,it really helps in consultation.

For bloating and these bowel symptoms I would also suggest you having CELIAC disease serological testing as it also presents with these features,its due to sensitivity to gluten and can have first presentation at at your age as well.

you should also modify your life style

1.Avoid taking heavy meals,take frequent small meals.

2.Avoid consuming too much caffeine in your diet

3.Exercise daily for at least 30 to 40 minutes

4.When you have diarrhea or constipation you can take Ispaghol,it works for both diarrhea and constipation.

5.Avoid smoking and drinking and if so only in moderation

these measure will help in alleviating your symptoms to a great extent

If you have any queries please feel free to ask,i will be glad to answer

I would really Appreciate positive 5 star ratings for this consultation,you can simply rate by clicking on the stars on the top left of the chat,you can ask me follow up questions even after rating this consultation.

Thank You

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry I've had some blood tests to find r celiac and was all clear, I go to the gym 3-4 days a week and work on a farm so very active, I rarely drink and try to eat little and often as trying to loose a little weight

I'm glad to hear about your healthy life style.Since these bowel symptoms can result from a number of conditions,

further workup might be needed to find out the exact underlying cause.

since your ultrasound,gastroscopy and celiac serology all are normal,the only investigation that can help in making a diagnosis is colonoscopy and your doctor might consider it for you if your symptoms do not improve.

If all investigations[including colonoscopy] are normal then these symptoms can be due to IRRITABLE BOWL SYNDROME,in this condition all investigations are normal,clues to diagnosis are absence of bowel symptoms at night and pain or bloating relieved with defecation.

Hope this helped,if you still have any queries feel free to ask,I'll be glad to answer.

I would really Appreciate positive 5 star ratings for this consultation,you can simply rate by clicking on the stars on the top left of the chat.

THANK YOU

kind regards

Dear customer,kindly do give your feedback in the form of positive ratings by clicking on the stars on the top left of the chat.

If you have any questions,please feel free to ask,I will be happy to answer you until you satisfy.Kindly do avoid negative ratings.