wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

When I was 12, I suffered total and sudden lameness with

Customer Question

When I was 12, I suffered total and sudden lameness with large red round patches on my legs for 5/6 weeks. what was diagnosed was something that included the word erythema. Can you throw some light on this as to what it was. It came on very sudden and disappeared just as quick?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 5 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 5 months ago.

How old are you now?

m/f?

how long did he lameness last?

Do you have any pictures of the lesions?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am78 male.
About 6 weeks the first time and about 5 days 1 year later.
Not at that time, but have had lots of problems with legs ( muscles/joints) and gout and tendonitis last 2 years. Many other problems with heart disease (I actually died 4 years ago) and medications for last 28 years, not really relevant to lameness when I was 12. No pictures, doctor at time first thought mosquito bites but then came up with this triple barrelled name with the name in question or something similar included. The red blotches were about 1 1/2 inches in dia.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

Unfortunately, without more information, pictures, medical records, etc from when this occurred, it is impossible for me to come up with the cause of these red blotches and lameness your experienced over six decades ago.....

I'm good but I'm not THAT good! ;)

The good news? It is very, very, very unlikely that that event you experienced as a child is having any impact on your health and wellness now.

Does this make sense to you?

I realize that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.

Dr. Rick MD FACS