Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

My partner is discharged from the hospital under the mental

Customer Question

My partner is discharged from the hospital under the mental health act. He has to go for his injection every 4 weeks to the hospital. He paces up and down all day and won't sit down. He's just eating 3 bowls of 3 weetabix and a lot of milk, hardly any drinks, 4 ski yoguts and 1 chocolate dessert, and 1 tin of rice pudding every day. He has gone from 70 cigarettes down to 25 in his 6 weeks stay in the hosital. He was on section 3. He doesn't have any interest in helping me clean the house. He won't sit down. He's got no interest in the tele. He's got no interest in reading books. He's got no interest in sitting down and listening to music. He's got no interest in having baths and washing his hair. He's got no interest on his appearance. He's shaking all the time. He's extemely slow at getting undressed and dressed. He walks fast when he goes out. He goes to bed early about 11oclock and gets up between half past 9 and 10oclock. He's extremely slow at putting his 3 weetabix and milk in his bowl. When he's stood still he is moving from right to left foot in a swaying movement. I am getting extremely worried about all this and it's effecting me badly. It looks to me that he is suffering with depression, am I right about this. I would like some advice about this please. From martins partner Louise.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for the question and coming here. I would like to have few important details. Which injection he is on? Can you tell me his age? What chronic mental illness he has? How's his memory and cognitive functions?

Dr Amir Javed

Consultant physician in Internal medicine and Psychiatry