Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I'm taking the rigevidon birth control pill. I've taking it

Customer Question

Hello there, I'm taking the rigevidon birth control pill. I've taking it 2 months in a row without making the 7 days break. I just started my third month without the break in between and am 4 days into the new pack. I got a slight period now, just slight traces of blood and I'm guessing my body really needs a break to have its period. Should I just stop the pack now and continue in 7 days time or take this one until the end and then make a break? Would stopping now affect the safety of not getting pregnant? Thank you for your advise
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

I would recommend you to complete the current pack and then take a seven day break before starting new one and yes you will be protected during the break period.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Have a good day.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
But would I still be protected if I made the 7 day break now?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for the reply.

No, you have to finish your pack first otherwise protection is not guaranteed.

Hope this helps.

Have a good day.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.