Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

I got some finger tests a few hours ago. The bleeding healed

Customer Question

I got some finger prick tests a few hours ago. The bleeding healed within 10-15 minutes, although the wounds were still visible until end of day. Throughout the day my 'wounded'/pricked fingers have been touching different surfaces (keyboard, staircases, faucets, taps etc..) that I would touch regularly in the office and street. In the bathroom when I washed my hands (about an hour or two after the prick) one of the wounds started to bleed a bit again (very slight). I washed it using the bathroom towel. I then touched the bathroom door with the finger.
What is my risk of Hep C in this case, from the towel or touching surfaces. No visible blood on any but concerned there may be microscopic blood?
In general is having a wound that is not really bleeding but touching surfaces a hep c risk?
thanks
Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 15 days ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,the virus of Hepatitis C is very fragile and dies in dry blood with the environmental exposure immediately (so touching surfaces etc is not at all the risks, unless one comes in direct contact with the blood), so it is not considered mode of transmission.

The direct contact with the wet blood can only be risky. As soon as the blood dries, the virus also does not survive and so the risk eliminates.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

It’s my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.