Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

Friday I had really bad pain in my left side, higher than my

Customer Question

Friday I had really bad pain in my left side, higher than my belly button just under my rips and around the back too. It was so bad that I didn't sleep for two days and took pain killers I also felt nauseous with it. Sunday It died down, Monday was fine just feeling pressure in my stomach and Tuesday night it seems to come back again but not as painful. It feels like a bad ache, also feels like period type pain. I have been going to the toilet ok, stools ok as far as I am aware, but do feel like there's lots of pressure there that I still need to toilet and wind. Just want some advice before I make an appointment and see if there is anything I can do at home.
Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age and gender?

Associated pain and burning sensation during urination?

Alcohol and smoking intake?

Frequent urination?

Bloating,flatulence?

Heartburn?

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello, I am a 29 year old femaleI do get a lot of indigestion/heartburn which comes and goes.I have been tested for a unrine infection and that came back clear. But I have been urinating moreDrinking is very rare and I have never smoked.I constantly feel bloated after eating and feel like I should have flatulence.Hope this helps with your responseThanks

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,possible causes may include Gastritis,Intestinal spasms,Intestinal bacterial overgrowth,Diverticulosis,Renal colic.

You should take OTC Zantac and Motrin.
Also do warm compresses with a heating pad on affected area.

You should hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids.

Also take OTC Mylanta gas and metamucil.

Start a probiotic.

And eat a bland diet.

If your symptoms'll persist then see your doctor for further evaluation and management.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your quick response I will take up what yiu have said.The pain in my left side is very annoying and painful so I'm hoping this should disappear.

Try such self care measures until you see your doctor.

I wish for your good health.
Please do not forget to leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars if you are satisfied with our conversation. Bonus is highly appreciated.
We can continue our conversation even after you provide rating.

Kind Regards
Dr.Anil