Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Can a dermatologist help me with treatment of silicone

Can a dermatologist help me with treatment of silicone absorption in skin, hands, feet, shins.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 days ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 days ago.

why do you think you have silicone absorbed into your skin?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Problems started after treating boots with silicone waterproofing. Whilst wearing treated boots for a while excess water proofing cam in contact with socks and skin over about 1.5 weeks. As well, water proofing was in contact with bare with hands during application of water proofing.
It took about one to two weeks to notice that socks and and some other clothing did not respond to usual cleaners and remain slippery after washing. At this time hands and feet did not respond to usual cleaning material like soap, detergent, rubbing alcohol and remain slippery after washing, but skin became dry with washing. Trying other solvents and cleaning agents resulted in no effect. Based on these results I concluded that the the problem must be silicone from the water proofing.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 8 days ago.

silicone water proofing sprays for your shoes would not get absorbed into your skin.

you should not be using solvents and alcohol on your skin. this is what caused your skin to be dry.

if your water is hard, with minerals this can cause you not to be able to wash off soaps on from your hands.

you may need a water softening system for your water.

you should use some moisturizers for your skin for now.

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com