DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have stomach discomfort for last 5 days. My stomach

I have stomach discomfort for last 5 days. My stomach becomes very distended from below my chest down making eating very uncomfortable. If I eat anything its gets worse & can feel like food has not digested. This leads to a feeling of sickness, added stomach pain, and a pain in middle left side of my back, my mouth also becomes very dry. I feel very very tired. I am 55 and quite fit.
Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: No recent injuries but I do Taekwon-Do. Only eating very small pieces of food every few hours helps a little anything more than that is a nightmare and just lying down eases pain but it can take a few hours.
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Generally I am very healthy but have had a few throat, chest & sinus infections since January (I was training for World Cup in Taekwon-Do last year-Oct-& Dr & Physio's have put them down to that)
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

This seems to an acid related problem in the stomach . There seems to be a slow transit of food from stomach down to the intestines as well

There is a silent acid reflux as well

I would suggest that you should use acid suppressing medicine like omeprazole for few days to see how it works

Taking small meals without any junk would also help

If the problem stays then a prokinetic drug like metoclopramide or domperidone will be helpful

Good luck

Feel free to ask if you require any further clarification

If you are satisfied then do leave a POSITIVE RATING (preferably 5 stars) so that I may be credited for my work

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you I'll try that.

you are welcome

Good luck