Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I gave birth 4 days ago. Had to have stitches due to having

Customer Question

Hi I gave birth 4 days ago. Had to have stitches due to having a forceps delivery. Am now in so much pain can barely walk. Is there anything I can do to ease the pain?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 months ago.

In addition to taking painkillers prescribed by your doctor you can take sitz bath , apply cold packs in the prenium, ibuprofen gel or cream in the prenium over your stitches and if does not get settled then you need to get an IV pain killer or prescription drugs like hydrocodone or tramadol.

This is expected in sun damaged or freckle prone skin and appears with advancing age. There is nothing much to worry about. All you need to do is keep your lips well moisturized all the time and apply lemon containing lip balm specially before going to bed. Scrub your lips once a week.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thankyou I was told I couldn't put anything on the stitches though will the gel be ok?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for the reply.

You can put that for pain control and wash it thoroughly after 2 to 3 hours.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thankyou
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 months ago.

My pleasure.