Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have tingling in Hands & feet ,blurred vision ,Slurred

I have tingling in Hands & feet ,blurred vision ,Slurred speech , balance problems, effect my mood ,
I have had a full blood count and b12 came back normal
And I'm left with the same problemPlease can you help as this is effecting my physical & mental health
Rubila chohan
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 3 months ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

How long you have these symptoms?
Slurred speech, blured vision, balance problem suggest the possibility of stroke in the brain.
The nerves in the mid brain and posterior brain ( occipital lobe) are not coordinating with the muscles of the legs, mouth, eyes.
This results in the symptoms you described above.
Lack of blood flow to the brain due to the blockage in the vertebral arteries or internal carotid arteries can cause such problem.
You will need MRI and MRA scan of the brain for further evaluation.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Follow up as same topic above : ( what do these blood tests mean?)
Eosinophil count - observation ( 42k..) above range percentage result 7.8%
Monocyte count - observation ( 42N..) percentage result 3.1 %
Platelet count - observation ( 42P..) 208 10*9/L [150.0 - 400.0]
tingling hands & feet, blurred vision, slurred speech,balance problems, effect my mood,
I have had a full blood count & b12 came back normal.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 3 months ago.

Your eosinophil count is high --means likely allergic reaction or a parasitic infection.
Sometimes, eosinophil count can be high in certain leukemias-- but white cell count also usually comes back abnormally high.

Platelet count loos normal for you.

Monocyte count also normal for you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
As above tingling hands & feet ect
Could it be possible that I have nerve damage I had fell and cracked a bone in my left foot it had healed wrong which I did not know till years later this is when I first started to get tingling hands and feet and the rest of the symptoms in the year 2000 .
In 2011 my symptoms progressed very fast that it started to effect my mood . The water would taste like there was broken glass in it but NOT. I had so many symptoms so it has been hard to detect as my blood tests come back normal they just put this down to allergy/ anxiety I have always been healthy only been to the doctors for minor health issues which had always been addressed . The only medication that I ve been on since year 2000 is cetirizine hydrochloride 10mg for urticaria (hives)
Can nerve damage effect the nervous system slowly over the years without being detected? Can an insect bite bring on neurological symptoms fast and would they effect your mood?