Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

I have noticed 2 small spots in my pubic area and I am a bit

Hi,I have noticed 2 small brown spots in my pubic area and I am a bit worried that they might be genital warts. I was wondering if I would send over some pictures for an opinion...
Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age and gender?

History of unprotected sex?

Pain,itching?

Are they fluid filled?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Are you taking any medications?

Any other medical history?

History of shaving,waxing?

Please upload a picture to review.

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What is your age and gender: 29, MaleHistory of unprotected sex: Yes, 3 partners since my last STD check in December.Pain,itching: NoAre they fluid filled: Don't seem to be.Since how long have you been suffering from: I noticed them a week ago. Seemed to start off a bit red then I shaved it to get a better look.Are you taking any medications: No.Any other medical history: No.History of shaving,waxing: As I said I only shaved the area recently as I couldn't get a good look with all the hair.Other details: I was checked by my local GP who said one of the spots was a benign mole. However, I didn't show him the second as it seemed to have faded but this morning it is clear again. I find it just a bit odd that it would be a mole to appear so quickly and change fairly rapidly (as you can see a bit of change from the "early" picture below). I would like a second opinion as I fear it could have been mistake for an early genital wart (which I have never had before).

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

I have reviewed your pictures.

Well as you describe,they look like genital warts rather than benign moles.

I would strongly recommend to visit dermatologist for prompt evaluation and treatment.

Your doctor may prescribe topical wart treatments that might include:

imiquimod (Aldara)
podophyllin and podofilox (Condylox)
trichloroacetic acid (TCA)
Also doctor can remove the warts through:

electrocautery, or burning warts with electric currents
cryosurgery, or freezing warts
laser treatments

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.