Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

Mi name it's Constantin I just want to ask one doctor about

Customer Question

Hello mi name it's Constantin I just want to ask one doctor about something, when I'm going in gim and I'm training I'm sueting and I smell like ammonia it's sameting like I have to worry,I have to do any blood test or urine test thank you
Expert:  The Physician replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com. I am an Emergency physician with over 25 years multi-disciplinary experience. I am going to be your expert in this question.
However, I would like a few more information from you to help streamline your answer

How long has this been going on? How old are you? Male or Female?

Do you have any other medical conditions or taking any medicines on regular basis?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have this problem in the last 2 years only if I'm sueting very hard , I'm 34 years old , 2 years ago I did the urine test and I had same protein inside, they tell me after I repeat and it was ok I don't take any medicine and not subliment same times I have a bit high blood pressure
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm a male

It is called bromidrosis or body odor, is a common phenomenon in postpubertal individuals.

There are glands that produce sweat and oil fo the skin called Apocrine glands (sweat glands) bt they also are responsible for characteristic pheromonal odors. They secrete a small amount of oily fluid, which is odorless upon reaching the skin surface. However the characteristic odor is due to bacterial decomposition of the oily fluid on the skin

The bacteria are normal residents and those that are trapped on the skin from the air. It is the bacterial decomposition of apocrine secretion that produce ammonia and short-chain fatty acids, with their characteristic strong odors. The most abundant of these acids is E-3-methyl-2-hexanoic acid

The aim of treatment for someone like you is to reduce bacterial florae and maintain a dry environment, in a process that include improved hygiene and topical therapy.

Hygienic measures, such as adequate washing of the axillary vault, prompt removal of sweaty clothing, and the use of topical deodorant gels and sprays which covers the odor and decreases bacterial counts are beneficial in cases of apocrine bromhidrosis.

Use of topical antibiotics such as clindamycin and erythromycin and antiseptic soaps (OTC in Pharmacies) may yield clinical benefit by limiting the growth of the guilty bacteria that decompose apocrine secretions that liberate fatty acids that have peculiar smells. Topical antibiotics (Also can be bough OTC from your Pharmacy) should only be used when other antiseptics are ineffective because they are associated with a greater risk of bacterial resistance

Thank you for making it Justanswer.com.

Please remember to click the accept button and rate me before you close. If there are any other clarification you would like, please let us know.