Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

I take risperidone of 0.50mg plus 400mg of Carbamazepine to

I take risperidone of 0.50mg plus 400mg of Carbamazepine to help epilepsy fits.I am wondering if Basil and Sage plus Amla powder and Ghee plus Almonds that improve brain functioning is safe to take as I'm on Carbamazepine too?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 1 month ago.

There are no known interactions of Carbamazepine with Basil, Sage, Amla powder and Almonds. These are all natural supplements. However, Geraniol, a chemical in Spanish sage (Salvia lavandulaefolia), might have some of the same effects as estrogen. Taking Spanish sage along with estrogen pills might decrease the effects of estrogen pills. So, if you are on estrogen pills you need to be careful. If you are not allergic to any of the ingredients listed above, then should be safe. But it would be a good precaution to consult your treating doctor as well

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Cool thanks only thing I'm allergic to is Gluten and Wheat which is why I'm on a free from diet since 1999.
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 1 month ago.

glad to be of help

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Cheers