Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I had a radical prostatectomy in 2014 in France due to a

I had a radical prostatectomy in 2014 in France due to a pre-op Gleason score of 7 (4+3). Following this I had 6 weeks of daily radiotherapy to the area plus 3 montly injections of Zoladex. The last PSA test in France May 2017 showed 0.01. I then moved back to England. Last week's English PSA score is apparently now 6.5 and my GP filed it as normal!! If this is correct, could it mean there are stll prostate cancer cells in my body that are now metastasising? What do you advise? Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

this is not normal

after prostatectomy, your PSA should be zero

if your PSA levels are up, you need more testing

like a bone scan or CT scan of your body to check for spread of your prostate cancer.

your GP didn't understand your history

you should be referred to a urology specialist or cancer specialist.

let me know if you have questions.