Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I got an intramuscular vaccination and only 30 minutes later

I got an intramuscular vaccination and only 30 minutes later went swimming. Could poolwater have entered the vaccination site and mixed with the vaccination product, forcing some of it to come out and be released into the pool? Also, could the chlorine have an impact on the vaccine if it entered the injection site? Or is the injection site impermeable to water, even after only 30 minutes post-injection?Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 months ago.

Hello I'm Dr Chip

No, there's no way the water got into the site and mixed with the vaccine since it was injected into the muscle

The injection site was impermeable to water so no mixing and no releasing into the pool

Please let me know if you need any more information