wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I've been having problems with my teeth for the past 3

Hi there. I've been having problems with my teeth for the past 3 years. They cause me a lot of pain and a lot of dental appointments to get rid of constant infections. Funds are getting scarce now as in the last 6 months it's been nearly £9000 in treatment and antibiotics. I'm in excruitiating pain now and on ibruprofen but it doesnt seem to work. What should I do? Ps. Just had 2 root canals. And 10 plus fillings. Harry
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just to add, it's like an inflammation on the top and bottom left of my gums and by the bit I can see by my throats and under my tongue. I've had it for 3 years and it settles down now and again but never goes away. I went with a private dental surgery to try to get rid of the pain. When it's flared up. I've always had metronidazole and amoxxocilin but it always comes back.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

It sounds like your next step should be to consult with a sub-specialist.

I suggest you make an appointment to see a periodontist. She should be able to get to the root cause of your recurrent infections.

In addition it may be helpful to bring an infectious disease specialist into the picture who can work closely with your periodontist to get rid of your infections for good.

Unfortunately, as you probably already know, this is not something you are going to be able to deal with on your own at home.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks very much dr rick. It's a periodontist I'm seeing. This is the 3rd one. But I've never asked for the infectous desease thing. That sounds Great. Thanks for the advice��