Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I am having a CT Colonography for colon problem. I have to

I am having a CT Colonography for colon problem. I have to take picolax and 2 bottles of Omnipaque 300 all on the day prior to the CT scan. I would like to know if I can dilute both picolax and omnipaque in fruit juice like Ribrena. and more importantly Can I have the scan without the dye that is injected into the vein and the same with the injection given to relax the bowel. As i have had an arrhythmia but not often. i have asthma again not often. As well as a liver cyst.and small kidney stones.for which I have an ultrascan yearly the last being in June the results were the same as the last two years all okay and i dont need another one. The C T scan is only for the colon. If I can have the scan without the Injections for dye and muscle relaxant I would feel much safer. Thanks.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 months ago.

Hello I'm Dr Chip

It's fine to dilute the picolax and omnipaque with juice

And it should be fine to get the scan with the dye injection or the muscle relaxant injection

Please let me know if you need any more information Carol

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you but If I refuse either the injected dye and or the injected muscle relaxant can they still do the colon scan without them
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 months ago.

Yes they can and it should still be an effective study