Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have a reddish lump behind my ear that I noticed a couple

I have a reddish lump behind my ear that I noticed a couple of weeks ago, and I think has grown. (It's still small but am slightly concerned) Have also been experiencing slight but definite pain in teeth and throat, while one side of my face has been drooping a bit. Have read up a bit and apparently these are all symptoms of throat cancer or something similar. Am only 18 so would be pretty shocked if it was, but should I still be concerned?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

I am a cancer doctor

can you upload a clear photo of this reddish lump? do you see the "add file" link?

grinding your teeth can cause jaw pain

acid reflux can cause throat pains

bad anxiety symptoms can cause tight throat symptoms.

I doubt you have throat cancer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Yeah I'm probably getting worked up about nothing here but might as well have some peace of mind. Sorry if it's a bit hard to see- my hair is absurdly long.....
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

that looks like a pimple or blocked skin pore or acne

that is not a cancer.

you don't have to worry about cancer.

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Fair enough- was only really concerned because a friend currently has lymph node cancer, but that's good news. Cheers