Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I am a 24 year old male and today I was feeling around my

I am a 24 year old male and today I was feeling around my testicals, on the right and left testical there seems to be a lump on the top of each testical, I have been reading online and have seen it's normal for a lump to be on the the top of the tesitical on each one, as part of the vains where the tesitical is attached, I was getting no pain, but when touching it, squeezing it it does seem to move around with loads of vains around it and has become more noticeable to feel it on the right side then the left since I've been touching it more and squeezing it to see if it's a sign of anything more, so can anyone give me any detail if it's normal for 2 lumps on each tesitical (around where it feels like vains and mush) for there to be a feel of a lump?Thanks.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 29 days ago.

Hello I'm Dr Chip

There probably are two things you're feeling--the epididymis and the cluster of small veins around it

Totally normal and nothing to worry about

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Thanks for getting back to me.I would like to also ask if it's normal for one side of the epididymis of the testicals to be noticed more with the fingers then the other side? As this has been the case since I've been touching and feeling around that area for about 1 hour.Thanks.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 29 days ago.

Yes--that's normal. They aren't both exactly the same size

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Hi, as you can understand I am feeling very anxious about the lumps on both sides, how can I be sure this isn't a sign of cancer? As lumps on the testical are known to be cancer very highly likely, are you sure lumps on the top of the testical is normal?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 29 days ago.

This isn't cancer, I assure you

Cancer simply doesn't feel like that and it would not occur on both testicles at the same time

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
are the epididymis meant to be attached onto the testicals? As this where the lumps are felt.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 29 days ago.

Yes--they are attached to the testicles