Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

Second opinion] I am a 24 year old male and today I was

Customer Question

second opinion] Hi.
I am a 24 year old male and today I was feeling around my testicals, on the right and left testical there seems to be a lump on the top of each testical, I have been reading online and have seen it's normal for a lump to be on the the top of the tesitical on each one, as part of the vains where the tesitical is attached, I was getting no pain, but when touching it, squeezing it it does seem to move around with loads of vains around it and has become more noticeable to feel it on the right side then the left since I've been touching it more and squeezing it to see if it's a sign of anything more, so can anyone give me any detail if it's normal for 2 lumps on each tesitical (around where it feels like vains and mush) for there to be a feel of a lump?Thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

If this has been always present then it is likely to be normal and due to the epididymis and veins. If these lumps are new then they are likely to be epididymal cysts which are benign and harmless. You should not worry regarding this. This does not indicate any serious condition and is normal.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger for a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would like to also ask if it's normal for one side of the epididymis of the testicals to be noticed more with the fingers then the other side? As this has been the case since I've been touching and feeling around that area for about 1 hour.

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Yes, this asymmetry can be normal and does not mean anything.

Take care.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi, as you can understand I am feeling very anxious about the lumps on both sides, how can I be sure this isn't a sign of cancer? As lumps on the testical are known to be cancer very highly likely, are you sure lumps on the top of the testical is normal?

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

You can very sure that this is not a sign of cancer due to the fact that this can normally occur and is seen in many individuals. This is not a concerning lump and is harmless. You can relax and should not worry about this.

Take care.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is it also normal for where the lumps are for it to feel mushy & vainey feeling.

Dear customer,
Thank you for replying.

Yes, this is how these lumps feel. This consistency and feeling is very normal and not concerning.

Take care.

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Did I answer your question? Please reply.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I took a bath, and had a feel around both testicals, and noticed these lumps are on both at the top of the testicals, so I am guessing this is normal? For them to be able to be felt on both testicals?

Dear customer,

Before continuing further please provide feedback to me so that I can be reassured that I am answering your questions to your satisfaction. Please rate the answer with 5 stars. I will continue answering your remaining questions after the rating.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Done.

Dear customer,

Thank you for rating.

Yes, this is normal and such a type of lump can be felt normally and is not concerning or worrisome. It is a part of the normal anatomy.

Take care.