Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My 5 years old son will be having the flu jab (nasal spray).

Hi,My 5 years old son will be having the flu jab (nasal spray). I know that it is a weakened but live virus. I also have a 6 months old daughter. I want to find out whether he will be contagious enough to infect his sister?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Please rest assured, the vaccination will not harm his sister. The Flu shot contains an inactivated virus which is only supposed to confer immunity to the individual who is injected and is not harmful or contagious to people, babies around that person.

Hope this helps.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.