Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I have been prescribed ZOLADEX for gyno pain. I've been

Hi, I have been prescribed ZOLADEX for gyno pain. I've been given the 3.6 implant, and the nurse advised me the gp requested I have this every three months NOT every 28 days. My understanding is it only works for 28 days, and I'm concerned I've been prescribed the wrong dose. Is it common to use the 3.6 implant every three months? Surely it will wear off for the last eight weeks before injection two?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

This dosage is not common. You should have been prescribed 3.6 mg implant every 28 days. You should contact your doctor regarding this and reconfirm.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger for a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.