wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I woke up with a cold sore on Monday (I am not sure if it

Hi,I woke up with a cold sore on Monday (I am not sure if it was a cold sore. It was red and a bit swollen spot). The next day it had a white center and I accidentally removed it while replacing the cold sore patch. It looks like it is gone today. I'll attach photos from Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and today. Do you think it is still contagious? I am wearing a cold sore patch and a surgical mask to prevent spreading it to my small children. Should I continue to wear those?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 29 days ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 29 days ago.

In the last picture it looks healed over. If this is the case it probably is no longer contagious.

You do not need the mask.

Continuing the cold sore patch is up to you.....it won't hurt but it is probably no longer necessary.

Your kids will be fine :)

Make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Thank you very much.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 29 days ago.

My pleasure. :)