Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

Wife has been to see neurologist after getting various

Wife has been to see neurologist after getting various symptoms including slight weekends on one side of face . And has been subsequently been referred for a "routine mri" scan. Should this not have been urgent or is there certain tests carried out by the neurological doctor than determines if he thinks it is a high risk case ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

Based on the symptoms/history and neurological examination/scoring a neurologist can easily determine the urgency required for the investigations and treatment. So, there is no need to worry and in fact, it is a good sign that an urgent MRI was not ordered. This means that your doctor does not suspect any emergency condition but just wants to do a routine MRI as a screening test.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.

Dear customer,
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with

your finger on a mobile device).

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for reply. Just reading this as email went to my junk box. Just have one more quetion on this! My wife was told on day of scan that it would be 2 weeks for results. If it was more serious i.e( tumour etc) would this not be sooner?

Dear customer,

You are very welcome!

Yes, if the results had any abnormality or if any serious condition was detected on the scan then she would have been immediately informed of the results.

Take care.