Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have a very painful anus, especially when sitting down and

I have a very painful anus, especially when sitting down and going to the toilet . Upon inspection there appears to be a swelling at the top. There feels to be a lot of pressure on it when sitting.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have attached a picture fole for your reference
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

This is an anal fissure.

This is caused by a tear in the anal verge and is a very painful condition.

The swelling occurs due to inflammation around the tear or a sentinel skin tag.

Sometimes, there is bleeding as well when one goes to the toilet.

You will need Lidocaine cream or gel apply that four to five times a day around the area for pain relief.

Over the counter pain killer like Ibuprofen or Aleve for the inflammation and pain.

Sitz baths, which means luke warm water 6 inches in a tub and 2 fl oz of Betadine in it. Sit in the tub for 15 to 20 minutes four to five times a day. This is to keep the area clean and for soothing the area.

Sleep prone for as long as this is present.

If sitting is a problem, use a doughtnut shaped pillow to distribute the pressure around the periphery of the buttocks instead of at the center.

Discuss this with your GP when you see him/her.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for the description, I will get the cream, does this need to be on prescription from the doctor? Did you inspect the picture?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

No, you will be able to find Lidocaine application OTC with your pharmacist help, it might be available as a constituent of another cream, for example; antibiotic creams.

My apologies, but I have not received a picture. Please try uploading it again.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I added the picture, did you get it?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

Yes, this is a 6 o clock anal fissure. Seems like an acute exacerbation of a chronic anal fissure.

Treat it with the above mentioned over the counter remedies. And have this seen by your GP on your next visit.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, thank you for your help and advice .. take care
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

You too, have a good one.