Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

A few days ago I had protected sex with a CSW. After sex I

Hi, a few days ago I had protected sex with a CSW. After sex I removed my condom and cleaned my penis with the same napkin that CSW had used to clean her vagina before me. What is the likeliness of catching HIV from this?
Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?
Customer: Yes my overall health is fine
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

HIV is a very fragile and weak virus and will die in a few seconds after exposure to the air and environment. So after she cleaned her vagina the HIV virus would have died on exposure to air and will not infect you even when you used the same napkin to clean your penis. So, you are at no risk of HIV infection due to this incident. The likelihood of catching HIV from this is zero.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Doctor, thanks for your response. Just to clarify, I cleaned my penis immediately after she had cleaned her vagina with the same napkin and she had vaginal fluid on it. Am I still fully safe? Please confirm. Thanks.

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Yes, you are still safe. In an open environment even if you cleaned immediately you would not be at risk. In just a few seconds the HIV virus will die. HIV is not so easily transmitted and therefore you are safe from HIV infection.

Take care.