Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

On cerelle missed a pill last week Monday and had

On cerelle missed a pill last week Monday and had unprotected sex sat and sun im not taking the pill round the same time. Usually nine at night but within a 12 hour period apart from the one I forgot on Monday. I took tablet round 11 this morning. Earlier than usual and Sat I took it earlier because I was going out. Took tablet late on Sunday night early hours of Monday morning cause I forgot. Am I at risk of pregnancy Unprotected sex though my boyfriend withdrawal before he ejaculation.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly.

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 month ago.

Its advisable to take the pill at the same time daily. However without ejaculation inside its impossible to get pregnant. If you think some part of ejaculate did get in then its better to take Plan B just to be extra sure on this.

Hope it answers your query

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can't take plan b I'm Catholic and can't bring myself to take it
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 month ago.

Taking pill at different hours doesnt increase your risk of unwanted pregnancy so you are safe . Ejaculation outside means no pregnancy so safe on both grounds

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Even if its the mini pill
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Cerelle
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 month ago.

Yes Cerelle is bit different from other minipills as it contains high enough doses of progesterone to prevent the release of egg, the effect lasts longer then other minipills

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Does it matter that I took it earlier than I normally would today
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can I start to take the pill early morning lest chance of forgetting about it
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 month ago.

You missed the Sunday dose or took it late in the night? How late from your normal timing

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Less than 12 hours 7 hours later than I should have
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I then took Monday's pill at around 10 this morning
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 month ago.

Ok then no risk of pregnancy there.

You will need to take extra protection like condom or diaphragm for sex while changing the timing just to be safe , no problems there

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry i am unable to take calls at present , at work. You can however continue the conversation here

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If I have been outside of twelve hour zone say the weekend before taking the mini pill and not having sex till this weekend am I at risk of pregnancy
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 month ago.

No not really, without having sex during that time no risk

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Say if my boyfriend did ejaculate inside me would I be at risk of pregnancy took my pill early on Friday I think but definitely within 12 hour period. Took it early on Sat because I was going out and late on Sunday within 12 hours because I forgot
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 month ago.

If within 12hrs then you are safe ,no risk there

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 month ago.

Any more queries?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This 12 hour period is this from the time taking last pill cause I took it early on Sat evening or time having sex
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 month ago.

Say you normally take the pill at 6 in the evening, then 12hrs would mean if you take the pill within 12 hrs onwards from 6pm the next day (i.e till 6am the day after)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If I took the mini pill after 5pm on Sat evening and didn't take the next one till around 3.30 in the early hours of Monday morning am I protected
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 month ago.

You had safety window till 5am on Monday so if you took it before 5 it means you are safe

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Great thanks
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 month ago.

You are welcome.

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 month ago.

Please reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Regards.