Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

Can I take doxycycline and alvoclar at the same time? I am

Can I take doxycycline and alvoclar at the same time? I am in Central America and my alvoclar i am taking is not effective for another week. Is it a good idea to take doxycycline at the same time for the next week? Are there any interactive issues? Thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

Alvoclar appears to be the brand name of the medication. I need to know what ingredient it contains to answer your question correctly. Please name the antibiotic that you were prescribed. For what condition was it prescribed?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is for malaria prevention . I am on an adventure holiday , just arrived. I have this drug but only just realised it needs taking a week before the trip. I have with me malorome and doxycycline . My question is should I take these also or instead?

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

For how many weeks are you on vacation?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
4 weeks

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Since this is an adventure holiday I would recommend starting doxycycline instead of Avloclor. Doxycycline will also prevent additional infections and will start acting in one or two days.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).

It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
just rely on Doxycycline? Don't take any others?

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Yes, only doxycycline will be sufficient and effective. No need to take two drugs.

Take care.