DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have been having bowel movements for the past 3 months

Good morning Dr. I have been having bowel movements for the past 3 months that have contained white grainy like specks. My stomach is very loud when digesting food or drinks especially when I lay down on my back. My mother has Irritable Bowel Syndrome could any of the above be a sign of me possibly having IBS?
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 30 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

IBS is a chronic disorder and usually it is a diagnosis of exclusion

The symptom you mentioned can be due to indigestion of the food particle

This can be due to local inflammation of stomach and intestine lining and needs to be investigated

IBS can only be diagnosed if no other local or systemic cause of the symptom is found and all the investigations are normal

Feel free to ask if you have any more question

If you are satisfied please leave a POSITIVE FEEDBACK RATING (Preferably 5-Star)

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Is it normal for the stomach to make such loud noises even after eating and drinking

No it is not normal and this indicate a malabsorption of the food contents which means that the food is not being digested properly in the intestine