Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I am suffering from a severe urine infection being treated

I am suffering from a severe urine infection being treated with Ciprofloxacin 500mg which does not seem to be working. Is there an alternative? I am 77 years old Type2 diabetic. The in fection is not related to sexual activity. Treatment has so far lasted 10 days
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

The best way to treat urinary infection is to get a urine culture and sensitivity done which would tell the bacteria causing the infection and antibiotic to which it is sensitive. So i would recommend you to followup with your doctor and discuss getting urine C/S to modify the antibiotic.

Hope this helps.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.